Essence was sweet enough to send me 2 Essence boxes for June and I wanted to share what was inside with you guys. OMG can I share that I also got the May box but it was stolen from my front door! So glad this one arrived safe. I was so upset.
The Essence Beauty Box is a box that is geared towards, but is not exclusive to, women of color. Products in most mass boxes are not geared towards a darker skin tones or textured hair. This box helps solve that problem. Its always annoying stepping into a store and not seeing your shade or a lip color that won't wash you out. The curation of this box is great! Aside from featuring products for people of color, Essence features a black owned business each month.
2. Madame CJ Walker Hair Duos- I'm anxious to try the Humidity Block Gel, its a non flaking gel that is Anti-humidity and prevents frizz. The Heat Styled Duo helps silken hair and provides hydration. I can't wait to use both. The Madame CJ walker collection in general can cater to every shade and texture on beautiful, it is very diverse.
3. Maybelline Matte Lip Color I already have 2 other colors, this purple was the perfect summer addition. It is very pigmented and not drying.
4. Vaseline intensive Cocoa Radiant Deep Conditioning creme You can never go wrong with a lotion vaseline. It leaves your skin looking radiant.
5. Kleenex Facial Cleansing Wipes are a wipe and cleanser perfect for refreshing after a day in this Texas heat.
6. NYX Cosmetics Blush leaves a great pigmented color and the Ombre version is so pretty.